Wednesday 2 March 2011

My Experiences With Engineering Graduates! - A Glimpse of "Tell me about Yourself" Question - A Wednesday Article


She pulled her face with a great confusion! She might have understood my stress on the point at the moment ‘very much’
I have already decided not to take her in. She had made a great effort with confidence; unfortunately she doesn’t have a profile of Professionalism.
One of the aspirants, she was from Hyderabad, and she had a face of serious. I bet no man like to speak to that lady! I don’t understand, what makes these ladies so serious.

“………………….my hobbies are watching TV and Gardening...” she answered for my question of Tell me about yourself. It is the last sentence of her whole explanation. Almost she has given me a great biography. I came to know her favorite uncles, her father’s interesting, about her brothers and their talent, her financial condition and about her native place.
(Actually this is nonsense and unnecessary for me)
I tried to keep hiding my feelings.
Suzi is beside me. She understood my condition and she want to stop the lady. At this moment Suzi took the opportunity and asked her,

“Wait…..wait – what do you do exactly in Gardening? I mean……. (Suzi pronounces this word of I mean very frequently) what kind of plants and flowers available in your Garden?”

The lady explained that she likes to plant different spices of Rose plant and also, she loves Mari Gold plants too…… while she was explaining her dreams of Gardening, Suzi interrupted her, and asked a question….

“What do you mean by Raised Bed Gardening?” with a great expression! (Suzi has done a Diploma Course in Gardening)
The lady doesn’t know this!

God save her.

“I don’t know Mam” She answered, (I could understand the core honesty of her words, but I could not support her informality. She actually wants to say.  “I am sorry mam! I don’t know that.”
Then Suzi again asked her “Acha! (Well) Explain me pruning plants?

This time I could not see the lady’s face, so I began to see her resume. 
I heard nothing from her. I just raised my face to know what happened in meantime.
Exactly at the same moment she answered with a sad smile (hesitatingly)

“I don’t know Mam!”
I could not dare to see Suzi’s face.

But I heard,
“Then tell me what do you know about Gardening?” Suzi asked.

Almost for a few minutes no sound enchanted in the Centralized AC room.
“Actually I grow a little plant in my verandah…….its rose plant in a small clay pot. So I said Gardening is my hobby………………….”

I am really sorry for the lady.

BLOOPER!

To be continued next week of the same day...............Jai